Yes, you read correctly. Gina and I get to wrap up our eventful Thanksgiving by getting stuck in Detroit until tomorrow. We were actually on the plane waiting to fly to Charlottesville when the flight attendant told us the flight was cancelled due to poor weather in C'ville. So, here I am updating my blog from the Ramada Inn. Not exactly ideal, but it could be worse. We could be sleeping on the floor in the airport.

Regarding Thanksgiving break, Gina and I had a great time in Dallas. We were able to see many family members and friends, and of course every event seemed to involve food. On Monday, we celebrated our second wedding anniversary, which we spent at the Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant in north Dallas. I never thought we could get so stuffed just by eating bits of bread and meat. It was a lot of fun, and we are hoping to go back really soon. On Tuesday, Don, Tommy and I got to see the Mavericks play the Houston Rockets at the American Airlines Center. That is by far the best arena I've ever been to, and the Mavericks won making it a great night. Wednesday, Gina's cousin Shane and Beth, his wife, arrived in Dallas and we ate dinner at the Johnson house and watched basketball all night. On Thanksgiving Day, Don and I ran the Turkey Trot 5K race in downtown Dallas with 25,000 of our closest friends. That was the first race I had run in awhile, but I had a pretty good time. I actually saw another UVA student while I was running. Go Hoos! On Friday, we went to Tommy's house to have lunch with Matt and Kara's family, along with Gina's other cousins Jean, John and his girlfriend Carrie. It was so much fun watching the little cousins play together for the weekend! Saturday we attended a Gooch family gathering at the family farm. We got to see my uncle's ponies, watch the kids play together, eat wonderful BBQ, and shoot skeet in the pasture. My shoulder still hurts from that one. As you can imagine, I am not the gun type, but it was still pretty fun. On Sunday, we met our friends Sherri and Desmond for breakfast, then went to see my Uncle Clay and his family for dinner. That pretty much brings us to today.

Well, Gina and I are about to hit the hay so we can be up to catch our flight in the morning. If this is the last you hear of the Detroit debacle, then you can assume that no news is good news. Take care, and check in next week!